Mount Longonot day trip hiking tour to the top of the Great Rift Valley will give you the chance to experience the freedom and awesome wildness of East Africa. Mt Longonot is just less than 9100 ft. above sea level with a tree filled interior and a lonesome steam vent to the northeast. You start the assent at 6000 ft. This gives you a chance to get your lungs and limbs freed up for the second section, which is the most awesome. At the end of each section there is a rest point where you can prepare yourself for the next part of your journey.
You will have started early to avoid the heat of the Sun but by the time you reach the end of the second section you would have generated your own heat. This hike is not an easy hike but is achievable by people of average fitness. Once you have finished the second section there is another rest bite of slightly less demanding terrain, before making the final climb on the fourth section. This again is a demanding section, though not as demanding as the second section.
As you heave yourself over the rim of the crater your reward is the awesome sight of Naivasha and the Great Rift Valley and you know that it was all worthwhile. Before making this climb you will need to acclimatize at 6000 feet.
A ranger accompanies you on the hike. He will act as a guide. As there are wild animals in the area he is armed. The whole tour is only about 8–9 km long but very steep, so that the round trip of park gate – Longonot Peak – park gate takes around 5 hours hiking.
TIME: Departures from Nairobi: Saturdays at 0600hrs and return at 1800hrs
-Children between 4 years to 12 year are also allowed and will pay 75% of adult rate
- RATE PER PERSON BASIS 6 PAX IN A MINIBUS IS KSH 3100
- RATE PER PERSON BASIS 8 PAX IN A MINIBUS IS KSH 2540
- RATE PER PERSON BASIS PER PAX IN A MINIBUS IS USD 165
Mount Longonot Day Trip hiking safari cost includes;
• Transport to and from Nairobi in an exclusive tour van
• Entry park fee to the park
• Professional English speaking guide/game ranger (Experts in the African wildlife)
Mount Longonot Day Trip Hiking Safari cost excludes;
• Meals and drinks during the day
• Personal insurance
• Any other item not included above
WHAT YOU NEED TO CARRY;
• Good pair of walking boots
• Walking sticks-an adjustable sprung loaded stick is best
• Camera, binocular and sunscreen cream
• Rucksack (large enough to carry consumables such as enough drinking water and snacks to eat during the climb)
• Pair of woolen socks
• This entire hike is over rough ground and some places have steep slopes and is not without danger
• Don’t underestimate dehydration, drink enough water at the end of each section and as required
• The ranger’s advice on all matter including your rate of progress should always be listened
THANK YOU FOR CHOOSING US
YOU ARE WELCOME AGAIN